Not every student fits in, feels comfortable, or can keep pace in a mainstream high school.
Most of our students have come from high schools of 3,000-5,000 students where they felt anonymous, overwhelmed, and lost. As their frustration with school grew and their performance declined, often the result was to simply drop out.
Through NESI's Milburn Schools Division, we give students options by providing educational services to public charter high schools, operating under contract with local school districts, and offering online high school courses. We believe that in the right school setting with the right teachers, every student can succeed.
- Richard Milburn Academies (RMA) - public charter high schools
- Richard Milburn High Schools (RMHS) - public high schools operated under contract with local school districts
- Milburn Online - virtual classroom.
RMA & RMHS
We offer the alternative to dropping out:
- Smaller schools and class sizes help students receive more teacher interaction
- Our schools are less than 300 students with class sizes under 20 students
- Our school directors and teachers know every student by first name
- Students feel safe, comfortable and involved.
We offer an extended choice of fully accredited online high school courses to meet individual students' needs:
- Make-up courses
- AP - advanced placement courses
- Academic year courses across all the required subject areas and electives
- Remedial courses for addressing skill deficiencies in reading, composition and mathematics
- Full online high school degree program.
Courses are self-paced and offer students personal convenience and unlimited flexibility. Accessible teachers support and guide students through their courses while closely monitoring progress and helping them achieve subject mastery and course completion.
How We Help Students
NESI delivers educational services to more than 15,000 students in 120 cities, across 17 states, eight foreign countries and two US territories.